Learn how to be prepared when the actual weather does not agree with the official forecast. In this online seminar you will discover how to spot early signs of changing weather and how to anticipate storms, squalls, fog, and wind shifts. With over 100 years in boating education, the United States Power Squadrons brings you this seminar in cooperation with the BoatUS Foundation.
- Be prepared when the actual weather does not agree with the official forecast
- Recognize early signs of approaching weather
- Anticipate storms and lightning
- Interpret approaching cloud formations
- Use a weather map
- Understand weather elements like air masses, fronts, and winds
- Understand how to use a barometer and other forecasting tools
Weather for Boaters was developed by members of US Power Squadrons. Members of US Power Squadrons, of USCG Auxiliary, and of the Great Lakes Cruising Club are eligible for discounts on the course price.
The United States Power Squadrons is offering members of the United States Power Squadrons, Canadian Power Squadrons, US Coast Guard Auxiliary, Great Lakes Cruising Club and BoatUS members 25% off this course. Click below to get your promo code: