The interactive online seminar, Propane Systems on Your Boat, gives you the tools you need to use propane fuel safely on the water. Propane and butane, also known as LPG, are the most common cooking fuels used on boats. While efficient, cost effective and widely available, these fuels can also be dangerous. This seminar explains boat propane systems, propane safety, and how to keep your boat and crew safe.
- How to safely turn appliances on and off
- How to check for leaks
- How to inspect and maintain your LPG system
- Parts of a safe marine LPG system
- How to use and store small fuel cylinders
- Important properties of these fuels
Propane Systems on Your Boat ~ Safe operation, maintenance, and inspection was developed by members of US Power Squadrons. Members of US Power Squadrons, of USCG Auxiliary, and of the Great Lakes Cruising Club are eligible for discounts on the course price.